Talavera Tequila Mescal Salt Tray & Shot Glass Set
- Handmade Talavera Salt Tray
- Set of Handmade Talavera Mezcal Shot Glasses
- Four Ounces of Sal De Gusano Marron (Agave Worm Salt)
A traditional way to drink *tequila and mezcal is with orange slices and sal de gusano, or “agave worm salt”. Dip an orange section in sal de gusano between sips of mezcal to cleanse the palate. A condiment commonly used with mescal, cocktails, salsas etc. Sal de gusano is a coarse salt that can also be used to rim glasses the same way an American margarita is served.
*There are differences between tequila and mescal (or mezcal):
- They’re from different regions in Mexico.
- Tequila is only made from the blue agave. Mezcal can be made from more than 30 varieties of agave, including blue agave.
- They’re made with different processes. Tequila is made using more of a mass-production process while mezcal is handcrafted made with the same method used for thousands of years.
PLEASE NOTE: Every design is a different work of art! This is just an example. The Talavera set you receive will be handmade and painted but with a unique pattern. Select the pattern you like.
Hand wash only. Not dishwasher or oven safe.
There are no reviews yet.